Defibrillators across Poundbury
The Poundbury Community Trust (PCT), working with the South West Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT), have now installed a total of four externally mounted defibrillators in Poundbury. The newest addition being in Crown Square. All four defibrillators are regularly monitored by the PCT to ensure they are ready for use at all times. The locations are:
- CROWN SQUARE – Age UK office, corner of Crown Square / Crown Street East
- BUTTERMARKET – Dorchester Physiotherapy, 23 Buttermarket.
- GREAT FIELD – Pavilion in the Park (PiPs café).
- PUMMERY SQUARE – The Poet Laureate Pub.
Defibrillators are easy to use and are accessible to the public in case of an emergency. The ambulance service will be able to confirm their location when calling 999. Defibrillators complement cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) by significantly increasing the life chances of patients.
These defibrillators are in addition to others which include (as at July 2023)
- QUEEN MOTHER SQUARE – to the rear of the Duchess of Cornwall Inn
- LISCOMBE STREET – Dorchester Community Church
Internal provision (thereby not 24/7) can be found at
- PUMMERY SQUARE – The Brownsword Hall
- DORCHESTER SPORTS CENTRE – Coburg Road, Dorchester
Defibfinder.uk contains a national map of defibrillators.
Map of 24/7public access defibrillators
Defibrillator at Pips Café, The Great Field
Defibrillator at Dorchester Community Church, Liscombe Street
Defibrillator at Buttermarket
Poet Laureate wall mounted defibrillator
Duchess of Cornwall Inn defibrillator at Queen Mother Square
Defibrillator at Crown Square / Crown Street East